What is SmileDirectClub Aligner?
Laughter is the best strategy to lose weight. New Research published in the International Journal of Obesity has discovered that 15 minutes of laughter a day can burn 10 to 40 calories. But unfortunately, most of us can’t even smile-let alone laughing and the reason is teeth protrusions or other symptoms like overbite, underbite, and open bite-around 300 people worldwide suffer from some kind of teeth misalignment! For helping such a huge number of people, the market is flooded with different aligner braces. SmileDirectClub Aligners are one of such aligner braces that are available for helping people to straighten their teeth.
SmileDirectClub Aligner braces are non-traditional clear braces made up of BPA (Bisphenol A) free plastic. BPA is an industrial chemical that is used in the manufacture of food-grade plastic products like food containers. Some research has shown that BPA can seep into food and can impact human health adversely. Since SmileDirectClub Aligners are made up of BPA free plastics so they are safe to use.
Not only these braces are safe but they are also convenient, invisible, affordable, and quick. Because of the several obvious benefits, these amazing braces have dominated the oral health market very quickly. Therefore, if you are thinking about correcting your teeth then you can safely start with these wonderful aligner braces.
Who Needs It?
SmileDirectClub is suitable for every age group but you must have healthy gums and teeth. SmileDirectClub Aligner braces can correct a range of teeth issues. If you have any of the following correcting issues then you can consult with SmileDirectClub for assessing your eligibility for the treatment.
- Teeth protrusions
- Crowded teeth
- Gap teeth
- Teeth rotations
- Bite issues like overbite, underbite, and crossbite
- Some of the jaw disease like TMJ (Temporomandibular Joint) disorders
How Does SmileDirectClub Aligner Work?
For treating any of the above teeth correction issue, you have to follow the treatment plan of the SmileDirectClub. The treatment plan will involve the following stages.
- First of all, you have to get your smile assessment from a certified orthodontic professional of the company. SmileDirectClub works with over 200 orthodontic professionals. SmileDirectClub offers the facility of virtual assessment. They will send you impression kits to your doorstep. After impressions, you have to send back the teeth mold for the examination of the orthodontic professional. If you are not comfortable with the virtual assessment then you can visit one of the 300 retail locations of the company for a 3-D digital scan of your teeth.
- After the assessment, the orthodontic professional will judge your suitability for the treatment. If you are suitable then custom clear braces will be created for you. SmileDirectClub braces come as a set of multiple aligners and you have to replace your braces as advised by the dentist.
- The dentist will fit the first aligner brace in your mouth if you have visited him/her physically. But if you have received your braces at home then a detailed instruction guide will be attached with your parcel. Fitting of braces is easy and comfortable.
- Generally, you will not need to visit the dentist during the treatment except for routine dental cleaning.
- Like every other dental treatment, SmileDirectClub alignment treatment will also require a retainer at the termination of the treatment for preventing relapse.
SmileDirectClub Aligners come as a set of multiple aligner braces. Each of the braces has a definite wearing period after which it has to be replaced with a new one. Each of the braces moves your teeth slightly and in the end, your teeth are in their desired position.
The treatment period for normal cases ranges from 4 to 6 months and you have to wear the braces for around 22 hours a day throughout the treatment.
What is the Cost of the Treatment?
The SmileDirectClub treatment is cheap and affordable as compared to its competitors. The cost of the whole treatment roughly stood at 1500 pounds. The assessment will cost you 50 pounds and the rest treatment is covered within 1450 pounds.
You can also pay the amount in monthly installments. In monthly installments, the down payment is 190 pounds while the monthly installment will be around 65 pounds for twenty-four months (total 1750 pounds). At the end of the treatment, you can get your retainer from the company for just 75 pounds.
If at the end of your treatment plan, you have followed the treatment guidelines and have not achieved a smile you can contact the dentist or orthodontist who will re-evaluate your results. If the re-evaluation is approved, you may be eligible for additional aligners to continue the journey. But in this case, you need to notify SmileDirectClub within 30 days of completion of your treatment plan for this warranty to remain valid. Also, you must register yourself at SmileDirectClub.com/patient-portal; and you have to respond to each virtual check-in by sending an email with the requested photos.
After discussing the aligners, let’s look at some of its advantages.
Pros of SmileDirectClub
- Invisible: SmileDirectClub Aligners are made up of BPA free plastic and therefore they are transparent and invisible. These are a discreet teeth-straightening solution and you can avoid the embarrassment associated with traditional metal aligner braces.
- Safe: SmileDirectClub Aligner braces are safe to use as they are made up of BPA free plastic. You will not only be safe but also you will not be irritated by wearing these clear braces.
- Quick Result: These aligner braces yield instant results as you can feel smile improvement after replacing each brace.
- Cheap Solution: SmileDirectClub Aligners are not only quick but they are also cheaper. For example, the average cost of other advanced orthodontic aligners ranges from 6000 to 7500 pounds while the cost of SmileDirectClub Aligners ranges from 1500 to 1750 pounds.
- Convenience: These invisible aligners are convenient too. Though it is advisable to wear it for at least 22 hours a day, still you can remove it for eating, drinking, or for a phone call.
SmileDirectClub Aligners have also a few downsides. The following are some of the disadvantages of these clear braces.
Cons of SmileDirectClub
- Not For Everyone: If you don’t have good oral health then this treatment is not suitable for you. Healthy gums and teeth are the first pre-requisite for wearing SmileDirectClub clear braces.
- Uncomfortable at the Start: SmileDirectClub Aligners feel a little uncomfortable for the first few days and you may also experience tooth soreness for a few days. But after a week or so, you will become used to with your aligner. The initial pain is the indication that your aligners are working and you have to bear it.
- Virtual Teledentistry: SmileDirectClub offers teledentistry. There are frequent errors in teledentistry as all communication takes place in a virtual place.
- Not for Children: SmileDirectClub offers the treatment for customers that are at least 12 years of age and hence children can’t avail of this amazing service.
- Retainers: After treatment, retainers are needed for preventing relapse, but, it is not the case with SmileDirectClub braces as all orthodontic treatments need retention.
SmileDirectClub has helped millions of people worldwide and the following are some of the patients’ testimonials showing their trust in the brand.
Smile Direct Club Customer Reviews:
I’ve got 1 month left on my smile direct club experience. I couldn’t recommend smile direct club enough!!! Seen such a difference, customer service are amazing, the live chat really helps!! Amazing online business.”
“25% through plan
I am only 25% through my treatment ( 10 month evening plan.) Already, I’m so happy with the way my teeth are moving. Photos taken today show such a great improvement from the photos taken on starting day. Slight delay with delivery ( due to Covid 19) but I am so positive for the end result.”
“I would highly recommend Smile Direct
I would highly recommend Smile Direct. Be prepared to follow the rules. Keep the braces in, clean and floss when you eat. Get the tools to get the new tight braces out and use wax if the braces rub.”
“New smile here I come!
From the beginning my experience has been calm, easy and actually quite fun doing the impressions.”
Most frequent questions and answers
Yes, absolutely. There are no side effects to wearing their aligners, however, their effectivity is lower compared to their competitors.
The SmileDirectClub aligner is cheaper compared to its competitors. The cost of the whole treatment roughly is 1500 pounds. The assessment will cost you 50 pounds and the rest treatment is covered within 1450 pounds.
They can fix a range of teeth misplacement suchas: Teeth protrusions, Crowded teeth, Gap teeth, Teeth rotations, Bite issues like overbite, underbite, and crossbite, some of the jaw disease like TMJ (Temporomandibular Joint) disorders